Mr. David W. Bergquist grew up in the small town of Moorhead, Minnesota, where he first learned that hard work and integrity are key components to success personally and professionally. After graduation from Moorhead High School in 1994, Mr. Bergquist attended college at the University of North Dakota where he graduated with a degree in the Bachelor of Arts in 1999.
Upon graduation, Mr. Bergquist moved to Houston, Texas to start his career with the accounting giant, Arthur Anderson. With a couple of years of corporate experience under his belt, he enrolled in law school at Texas Southern University.
Mr. Bergquist graduated magna cum laude from Texas Southern University in 2003. He worked for two litigation firms during and subsequent to graduation. His work at those firms eventually led to Mr. Bergquist’s founding of the Bergquist Law Firm.
Throughout his time as an attorney and at his law firm, Mr. Bergquist has been an aggressive trial lawyer. His law practice focuses on litigation matters, including plaintiff’s accident and personal injury, civil and business litigation, and medical field and healthcare litigation.
Mr. Bergquist has successfully litigated personal injury cases involving surgeries, permanent disfigurement, and death. He fights for the highest monetary recovery for victims and their families.
Mr. Bergquist has litigated various civil and business matters, including contract disputes, partnership disputes, non-compete issues, fraud, DTPA, and real estate transactions. Professionals regularly seek Mr. Bergquist’s guidance regarding a wide range of business issues and legal advice.
Mr. Bergquist also has represented individual physicians and practice groups, surgery centers and hospitals, and other companies in the medical field regarding their dealings with one another and insurance companies.
Being an aggressive trial lawyer with an unwavering desire to succeed, Mr. Bergquist uses his knowledge, life experiences, charisma, and hard work ethic to succeed. Mr. Bergquist has the ability to make tough decisions and thrives under pressure.
- Duly admitted and licensed as an Attorney and Counselor at Law to practice in all Courts of the State of Texas.
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Supreme Court of Texas
- United States District Court – Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court – Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court – Western District of Texas
- United States District Court – Northern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals – Fifth Circuit
Professional Associations and Memberships (Past & Present):
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association